Sunday, May 13, 2012

Learning the hard way

Some things I have (unintentionally) learned this week:

-Sometimes you don't understand how much someone cares until you hurt them.

-Good intentions don't prevent the hurt, or make it go away.

-A year of trust built can be broken in a moment.

-In these difficult times, support can come from surprising places.

-I hurt someone by going against my own gut and listening to others (who were also well-intentioned).

-I didn't listen to myself (or to God) because I let my fears and insecurities lead me.

-My fears were unfounded.

-The hardest part is forgiving myself and moving forward.

-I believe this, too, will help me grow as a minister and a person if I let wisdom speak instead of shame.

-While I was working outside of my comfort zone and being "bold", I see now that my greatest gift lies in my own vulnerability, honesty, openness, and trust.  And those may be just the gifts to get me out of this pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment