Saturday, June 30, 2012
The Power in Gratitude
1. In spite of the noisy 80mph gusts of wind last night and no a/c, the kids managed to sleep through it...all night long.
2. We have friends and family offering help, shelter, and care.
3. So far, the house temperature is still tolerable (grateful for the windows we've replaced and the insulation added).
4. I have this coffee shop retreat.
5. Thanks to John's initiative, the half-dead tree towering beside our house was cut down LAST week, saving our home (and likely our lives) from yesterday's destructive storm.
6. Our property sustained just minor damage (a medium-sized portion of a tree down on our fence, lots of broken limbs, and a few missing shingles).
7. We all have shelter, and food, and resources to take care of ourselves.
8. Our house is located right next to the electric company, which gives me the (false) hope that our power will be restored quickly (although experience proves otherwise). I'll hang on to what I can, though.
9. Our family and friends fared well through the storm.
10. I'll now have lots of time to catch up on reading!
11. God is good. Grateful for this reminder again.