Monday, September 27, 2010

It's a day for a cozy sweater, chicken pot pie, and a nice coffee beverage (preferably pumpkin spiced something or other). It's a day for reading in a big comfy chair, and catching up with friends. Although it's a rainy Monday, the new chill in the air smells like fall, and brings with it the promise of new beginnings and new energy. I'm looking forward to visits to the pumpkin patch, baking bread, and taking lots of pictures of the kids on our short hikes, surrounded by the fallen leaves. I'm reminded that our world is beautiful, as is my life, even in all of its chaos and uncertainty. Even in my frustrations and busyness, fall reminds me to slow down and savor each quickly passing moment.

(by the way, the photo is from last fall...the leaves are just now beginning to turn)

No comments:

Post a Comment